PGW is passionately committed to building our customers reliable, top quality handbuilt wood gates that will last for many years to come.
REVIEW OUR WARRANTY
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. Within 3 days of delivery, customer must notify Pacific Gate Works of damage which is believed to be caused by shipping. If Pacific Gate Works is not notified within this stated timeframe and the following conditions are not met, we will not be responsible for providing replacement or damage compensation. Evidence of product damage or packaging damage must be noted on the delivery receipt before the delivery truck departs, otherwise complementary product replacement may not be provided. Damage, or evidence of, may included footprints on the pallet, cracked pallet boards, loose pallet boards, and tears in the protective cardboard.
2. While Pacific Gate Works provides estimate shipping dates and faithfully commits to achieve these days, unexpected occurrences may delay a shipment. One example of this would be rebuilding a product for a particular order because it does not pass our quality standards. In cases of expected shipping delays, Pacific Gate Works will take steps to notify the customer in advance and provide a new shipping date. Pacific Gate Works is not responsible for providing compensation to the customer for such delays. Compensation will not be provided (for example to reimburse customers who may incur unexpected costs for contractor installation services) because an order from Pacific Gate Works did not ship per the originally committed shipping date.
3. In the case of inadvertent part omissions in product shipments (direct from Pacific Gate Works, or as a drop ship from a Pacific Gate Works supplier) Pacific Gate Works is not responsible for providing compensation for project delays or additional installation and/or contractor fees incurred as a result of the part omission.
4. Pacific Gate Works is not responsible for timing related to freight transit. Pacific Gate Works provides estimate ship dates, which is defined as when the order leaves Pacific Gate Works’ facility.
5. If upon receipt of the product, any defects of concern are identified by the customer, or any discrepancies to the approved design are observed (for instance dimensions are incorrect), Pacific Gate Works must be informed within 5 days of receipt of the product for disposition. If Pacific Gate Works is not notified within this stated timeframe, we will not be responsible for providing replacement or compensation
6. Pacific Gate Works will not provide compensation for modifications to the product after the product has been received. This includes but is not limited to wood finishing treatments (painting, staining) and installation services.
7. Orders are can be cancelled by emailing Pacific Gate Works within 24 hours of order placement and are subject to a cancellation fee. The cancellation fee is 5% of the order total.
8. Returns –Stock items are returnable and have an 8% restocking charge. Non Stock Items are returnable and have a 50% restocking charge. Custom built items are not returnable. To determine if a part is stock, non-stock or custom built, email email@example.com. Returnable parts must be received by Pacific Gate Works in new condition and in original packaging before any applicable refunds can be applied. Customer is responsible for return shipping. Items that are not returnable include but are not limited to, gates, columns, parts that are a portion of an item sold as a package (example GatePaks), gate operators, purchased from Pacific Gate Works are nonreturnable.
9. Sales on custom built products built by Pacific Gate Works products are final. Custom products are products which have been designed and constructed to meet a particular customer’s design requirements. Product returns may only be granted for manufacturing defects. Product returns will not be permitted due to the occurrence of common wood characteristics and inherent defects. Inherent defects are not considered manufacturing defects.
10. Orders for products manufactured by Pacific Gate Works, that are dimensionally specified on Pacific Gate Works’ website (also known as MTO, or Made To Order product), whether placed online or placed with a Pacific Gate Works representative, are final. These products are not returnable and any cancellations are subject to cancellation charges as defined in the cancellation section of these terms and conditions.
11. Pacific Gate Works products are partly or wholly constructed from wood products and may contain defects which are considered inherent defects for wood based products. These include, but are not limited to, knots, knot holes, minor splitting along the direction of wood grain which does not impact the structural integrity of the wood, checking at board ends, twisting, cupping, and color variations. While Pacific Gate Works takes steps during the wood selection and manufacturing process to minimize and/or eliminate the occurrence of these types of defects, completely preventing their occurrence cannot be ensured.
12. Wood products are sanded to a minimum of 80 grit however small dents can be visible. While Pacific Gate Works takes steps during the manufacturing process to minimize and/or eliminate their occurrence, completely preventing their occurrence cannot be ensured. Small indentations or defects (less than .25in wide max and 1/16” deep max) are not considered manufacturing defects and products may not be returned for this condition.
13. Pacific Gate Works products are composed of wood species which are typically considered suitable for outdoor purposes. Wood selection is based on dimensional stability, weather resistance and rot resistance. Pacific Gate Works’ wood products must be treated and maintained properly to increase longevity and structural stability. These treatments include applying a suitable oil based or water based stain, or suitable water proofing product. Failure to provide proper preventative maintenance of the wood products may cause excessive cracking, warping, cupping, end grain checking, joint failure as well as other defects inherent to wood.
14. Painted Gates: Custom Color Matching: While color matching is generally accurate, it is not exact. Differences in ambient lighting as well as sheen levels (matte, semi-gloss, glossy) can affect the appearance of the color. Color matching is done on a best effort basis. Tongue and Groove Slats: Gates painted by Pacific Gate Works are shipped with touch up paint. Over time, minor expansion and contraction in the tongue and groove slats can reveal an unfinished portion of the ‘tongue’ portion of the tongue and groove. The touch up paint can be used to touch up this unfinished area.
15. Unfinished, oil-stained and spar urethane (clear coat) finished gates: Due to the natural tonal variation of Western Red Cedar, the color of an unfinished, oil stained or spar urethane finished gate may vary from board to board. Additionally, gates finished alike may show variation from gate to gate. Expected tonal variation examples are displayed online in the ‘Finishing and Maintenance’ section.
16. Handleset and deadbolt hardware will be partially installed and tested for functionality when added to order. Typically, the handles and deadbolt covers are removed and placed in a separate package within the outer gate package. Other hardware unless otherwise specified is not preinstalled and placed within the outer gate package.
17. Gate frames specified as 2 1/8” thick are built as a plied construction; that is two boards which are laminated together with adhesives and without fasteners. Plied components are stronger than a monolithic construction because of the opposing wood grain patterns.
18. Steel support frames are externally mounted rather than internal to the wood gate frame unless otherwise specified. A steel frame is not required for all of the gate designs. If it is required, it will be noted on the design drawing which is submitted to the customer for review and eventual approval.
19. For orders which require custom design work generated by Pacific Gate Works and ultimately approved by the customer (in other words the order type is such that is not approved for build by virtue of the online ordering process):
a. “Lead Time” is defined as the time between the date that design approval is conveyed in writing by the customer, and the date that the order ships from our facility. For orders that do not require customer design approval, “Lead Time” is defined by the ship date as noted on the website.
b. “Design Approval” is defined as the documented conveyance by the customer, to PGW, that submitted documents are acceptable to fabricate as-is, without further modifications needed. If modifications to submitted design documents are required, a revision should be requested by the customer. Design approval can then be conveyed based on revised design documents. b. approval may be conveyed by signing, dating and faxing a drawing to Pacific Gate Works or by responding via email concerning the approval. Designs are submitted to the customer via email, fax or physical mail. Pacific Gate Works faithfully takes steps to ensure that all pertinent design information is conveyed to the customer, and it is the customers’ responsibility to determine if the design information on the drawing is accurate and will meet their requirements. Components included as part of the gate design (latches, hinges, jambs/posts, steel support frames, decorative accessories, etc) are typically noted on the design drawing and/or Bill of Materials (BOM), and their absence would indicate that the item is not considered part of the order to be supplied.
c. If during the design approval process, Pacific Gate Works does not receive a written or verbal request to (1) revise a design(s) or (2) approve a design(s) for a given order within 30 days of Pacific Gate Works submitting the most recent design via email, Pacific Gate Works reserves the right to cancel the order and apply cancellation charges as noted above in the cancellation section, in addition to the applicable credit based on any down payments.
d. The ‘Customer’ is defined by the person or company that is providing payment for the product. The Customer is responsible for conveying design approval on gate designs. In the case where the customer is coordinating with a third party on a project, for example an installation contractor, and the Customer would like the third party to provide approval, the customer must provide written approval (email or fax), including the third party name and permission for them to provide the approval.
20. In the cases where Pacific Gate Works is providing ‘residential delivery’ via a freight company, the freight company will deliver the product to the property of the residence, which may be limited to the driveway. ‘Residential delivery’ does not include special services, such as placing the product interior to a residence, including but not limited to a garage. This type of service may be provided, however, for an additional charge to be predetermined between Pacific Gate Works and the customer.
21. The Customer is responsible for notifying Pacific Gate Works at least 5 days prior to the scheduled ship date if the Customer will not be available to arrange for/accept delivery for any reason. If the Customer is unavailable for delivery with 3 days of the order arriving at the local terminal storage fees may be incurred; the Customer is responsible for any such fees.
22. Changes to a shipping address must be made through Pacific Gate Works, not through the shipping company. Such requests must come from the Customer. A $290 re-consignment fee will be added to the order before Pacific Gate Works initiates the change with the freight carrier.
23. Pacific Gate Works reserves the right to introduce a burned in (‘branded’) logo on the edge of wood products that is representative of the product; single brand per wood product, size not to be wider than 1.5in and longer than 4in.
24. Additional shipping charges may apply for select delivery areas where delivery costs are higher. These include, but are not limited to, Long Island, NY, Washington DC, New York City boroughs, Key West, FL, San Juan Islands, WA, and other remote and rural areas.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Pacific Gate Works. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this Web site. It will notify you of the following:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the Web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
4. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to collect information that you voluntarily give us via e-mail or other direct contact from you.
We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us.
We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access To and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the e-mail address or phone number given on our website:
1. See what data we have about you, if any.
2. Change/correct any data we have about you.
3. Have us delete any data we have about you.
4. Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline.
Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Western Red Cedar Gates and Outdoor Wood Products – Material Description & Warranty
Pacific Gate Works gates and outdoor wood products are designed and constructed to last for many years provided the products are properly maintained. As with other outdoor woods, kiln dried Western Red Cedar should not be allowed to absorb excess moisture or to dry out excessively, otherwise the life and condition of the product will be compromised. A good sealing finish applied before the product is installed and reapplied as needed is imperative to preserve the good condition of the product and to get the most life out of your Pacific Gate Works product.
Pacific Gate Works provides a one-year limited warranty to cover manufacturing defects. With proper care your product will last for many years to come.
Surface Characteristics: Pacific Gate Works products are partially or entirely constructed from wood and may contain aspects that are considered inherent characteristics of wood based products. These include, but are not limited to, knots, knot holes, minor splitting along the direction of the wood grain which does not impact the structural integrity of the structure, slight checking at board ends, twisting, cupping, small dents (less than 1/8in deep, less than 1/4in wide) and color variations. While Pacific Gate Works takes steps during the wood selection and manufacturing process to minimize and/or eliminate the occurrence of these aspects, completely preventing their occurrence cannot be ensured and is not covered under warranty or considered a suitable reason for product return/credit.
Moisture Level: Pacific Gate Works wood products are made from kiln dried material and upon receipt will have a moisture level conforming with industry standard specifications. While the products are outdoors and subject to weather variations, moisture levels can be impacted and the moisture content can vary.
Surface Finish: Although our products are sanded to a minimum of 80 grit, however, small dents may be visible. While Pacific Gate Works takes steps during the manufacturing process to minimize and/or eliminate their occurrence, completely preventing them cannot be ensured.
Color Variation: Western Red Cedar has natural variations in color and brightness. These variations include yellow, pink, red, and brown tones. The lightness of each tone may vary as well. The tonal differences and contrast may be accentuated when a clear finish is applied. Finishes that are higher in pigment such as ‘semi-transparent’ finishes may reduce the tonal differences.
Wood Grain: Pacific Gate Works products are a mixture of both flat and vertical wood grain, known as mixed grain.
FINISHING and PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE
Pacific Gate Works products are composed of Western Red Cedar, a type of wood that is typically considered suitable for outdoor purposes. Wood selection is based on dimensional stability, weather resistance and rot resistance. Pacific Gate Works wood products must be treated and maintained properly to increase longevity and structural stability. These treatments include applying a suitable oil-based or water-based stain/product, or suitable water proofing product. Failure to provide proper preventative maintenance to the wood products may cause excessive cracking, warping, cupping, end grain checking, and joint failure. Failure to provide preventative maintenance of the wood, including sealing the surface of the wood to prevent excess moisture absorption and/or excessive drying, will void the warranty.
While paint color matching is generally accurate, it is not exact. Differences in ambient lighting as well as sheen levels (matte, semi-gloss, glossy) can affect the appearance of the color. Color matching is done on a best effort basis, and slight differences from the color sample provided for color matching is not considered a reason for return/credit. Painted gates are shipped with touch up paint. Over time, minor expansion and contraction in the tongue and groove slats can reveal an unfinished portion of the ‘tongue’ portion of the tongue and groove. The touch up paint can be used to touch up this unfinished area. Gates that have been finished with a sealer that contains pigment, such as outdoor wood semi- transparent stain, may also expose a portion of the tongue a result of slight shifting of the boards. This type of occurrence is not covered by the product warranty. Due to the natural tonal variation of Western Red Cedar, the color of an unfinished, oil stained or spar urethane finished gate may vary from board to board. Additionally, gates finished alike may show variation.
Thiswarrantyextendstotheoriginalownerandisnottransferable. Originalownerisdefinedasthedealer/contractor/purchaser or the initial owner of the structure where the product is initially installed. The original dealer/contractor/purchaser acknowledges that he or she has read and understands the warranty, is bound by its terms, and agrees to provide this warranty to the owner of the structure where the product is installed.
Warranty Period: 1 year from date of product receipt What the Warranty Covers:
Manufacturing defects, such as
• Frame joint separation
• Excessive frame (stile, rail, arch) warp. The degree of acceptable warp is a function of gate width and height. To determine the
acceptance of warranty application, measurements related to the warp must be provided and will be assessed in terms of the impact
on proper functioning of the gate.
• Faulty powder coat adhesion on steel. Note: Chips in the powder coat from field use, which expose bare steel must be repaired
immediately with touch up paint or powder coat touch up to prevent corrosion from spreading. Powder coat adhesion issues caused
by this condition and failure to prevent corrosion is not covered under warranty. • Faulty peeling of manufacturer applied paint finish on wood
Failure to provide adequate preventative maintenance of the wood, including sealing the surface of the wood to prevent excessive moisture absorption and/or excessive drying, will void the one year warranty.
If we determine that there is a defect, at our option we will repair the product, ship a replacement product to the dealer/distributor or person making the claim in the same specifications as the original product, or refund the original purchase price paid to us.
What the warranty will provide:
What conditions the warranty does not cover:
Aspects defined as inherent to wood products as defined in the Material Description section above and:
• Moisture content
• Unfinished areas of the tongue of tongue and groove boards that are exposed during slight shifting of the boards over time
• Narrow gaps between tongue and groove boards that may appear as a result of impact to the product and/or moisture changes This
issue is generally resolved by shifting the tongue and groove slat boards back into position
• Water stains and mildew, which may be, but is not entirely caused by, water wicking into the end grain of the wood
• Damage that is caused by an impact, misuse of the product, and/or improper installation methods, vandalism, or an act of nature.
Misuse examples are, but not limited to, using the gate without solid post or jamb stops, using the gate without center stops for double gates, excessive weight applied to the end of gate, allowing gate to slam in heavy wind condition thereby creating a impact stress leading to fracture(s) within the structure, over opening or over closing the gate thereby creating a bind condition which may create an impact stress leading to fracture(s) within the structure.
• Normal wear and tear and natural weathering of surfaces
• Variations in the color or texture of the wood or finish
• Surface cracks that are less than 3/64in (.05in) in width
• Surface cracks from natural weathering that do not impact the overall structural integrity/strength of the product
• Cracking of a manufacturer applied finish
• Board end checks that are less than 1/8in in width and/or 12in in length
• Problems related to improper field finishing of all surfaces, front and back and edges
• Warp for any 5ft wide by 7ft tall by 2 1/8in, or smaller product, which does not exceed 3/8in in the plane of the product itself Products
taller and wider are not guaranteed for warp
• Any costs associated with alterations, surface finishing and installation of the original product or replacement product
• Structural integrity problems caused by improper field installation of the hardware, improper sizing of the product, or other assembly
• Hardware that is not provided by us, such as handles, hinges, locksets, etc
• Discoloration or rusting of decorative metal accent options such as clavos, grills, metal art that is an integral part of the product (e.g.
window iron art in top portion of a gate).
• Cost for the labor, removal or disposal of the defective product.
How to Request Warranty Service
If a defect or condition is observed that you believe is covered under the warranty, do one the following immediately upon discovery.
1. Email photos* showing the condition to firstname.lastname@example.org AND
2. Fill out Page 4 at this link: https://pacificgateworks.com/images/OT0061%20RequestForm.pdf; scan or fax the form to 503 925 8910
*Pictures of the both the overall gate/product in addition to closer up pictures of the problem are required to process the request. IfthisproductisagatewerequireatleastonepictureshowingtheentiregateFROMBOTHSIDESinadditionto the close up photos of the observed issue. Any additional information you want to include would also be helpful.
You will receive a reply within three business days after sending the form.
If it is found that the product does not have a defect covered by the warranty, we will charge an inspection fee
for an onsite inspection that is required or requested. The inspection fee will be between $75 and $200 and is contingent upon travel time.
If the claimed defect is a warp condition, we may defer replacing or repairing the product for a period of up to 12 months from the date the claim is received. A temporary warp condition may occur as the product adjusts to local temperature and humidity. The deferral period will not be considered part of the warranty period.
No dealer, distributor, or sales representative of Pacific Gate Works products has the authority to change, modify or expand this warranty.